Seven Marine Ride Along Competition
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Power & Marine Ltd competition “Win a Seven Marine Ride Along” (“the Competition”) you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below:
1. To enter, you must complete the entry form online at by September 20th, 2018.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition you must be an individual and natural person, a New Zealand resident, aged over 18 years, and hold a current full New Zealand Driver’s license.
3. You must provide a valid and current email address and contact phone number for the Competition administrators, Power & Marine Limited, to contact you on.
4. You may only enter the Competition once. By entering the Competition you warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete, and that you fulfil the eligibility requirements.
5. The Competition is not open to employees or contractors of Power & Marine Ltd or its agents, subsidiaries, associated companies, or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition or their immediate families.
6. Power & Marine Ltd assumes no responsibility for incomplete or invalid entries, or for entries lost for any reason whatsoever, whether due to inaccessibility of the website via internet, network disruption, network congestion, data corruption, or otherwise. Proof of sending an entry will not be accepted as proof of Power & Marine Ltd’s receipt of the entry.
7. Power & Marine Ltd reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and to disqualify without notice (and refuse to award the Prize to) any entrant for whatever reason, including if Power & Marine Ltd has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition, or won using fraudulent means.
8. All entries eligible for the Competition must be submitted between 27 August to 19 September 2018 (midnight), New Zealand Standard Time (the “Competition Period”).
9. The Competition is available during the Competition Period only.
10. The prize for the Competition consists of one trip on a Seven Marine powered vessel (“the Prize”). Th Prize is available for 1 entrant to win and they may nominate one extra person to accompany them. Both passengers must be over 18 years old. The trip must take place during the Auckland On The Water Boat Show, September 27th to September 30th, 2018. Entry to the Auckland On The Water Boat will be arranged by Power & Marine.
11. Power & Marine will lend both prize winners life jackets that must be worn at all times.
12. The Prize Winner will be determined at random by Power & Marine Ltd. The winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all valid entries received by midnight on 19 September 2018.
13. Power & Marine Ltd’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The winner will be notified by email within 2 days of the competition closing date and must be available for the preparation and participation of all publicity activities that may be required by Power & Marine Ltd. The winner gives Power & Marine Ltd permission to take or receive a photo of the winner and the Prize for publicity and promotional activities.The name of the winner may be published on any Power & Marine Ltd website, e-newsletter, Power & Marine Ltd’s associates’ and related parties’ websites, and various social media channels. The winner is not entitled to any payment or other compensation in connection with Power & Marine Ltd’s publicity and promotional activities.
15. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable or substitutable for any other alternative in whole or in part. Any change in nature or value of the Prize is not the responsibility of Power & Marine Ltd. Power & Marine Ltd may in its absolute discretion substitute the Prize with an appropriate replacement in place of the Prize.
16. The winner is responsible for all insurance, tax, warranty registrations and other costs that may be associated with the Prize. The winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Power & Marine Ltd, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any claims, damages, injuries, losses, costs or expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition.
17. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside of Power & Marine Ltd’s direct control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the Prize, Power & Marine Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the entity to provide the Prize.
18. Where Power & Marine Ltd is unable to contact the winner within 3 working days of the date of the draw, Power & Marine Ltd will select an alternative winner. If, after successful notification, the winner does not collect the Prize within the required period, the Prize will be regarded as forfeit. Honda Power Marine Ltd will only make 3 attempts to contact any entrant.
19. Only the winner is able to claim the Prize. The Winner must provide proper identification to Power & Marine Ltd (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
20. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be forfeit and redrawn.
21. The prize winner will not be allowed to drive the boat, the prize is to only be a passenger. The ride length will be determined by Power & Marine Ltd and sea conditions on the day. Sea conditions will be taken into consideration to ensure full safety during the journey. If the weather is not deemed suitable during the duration of the Auckland On The Water Boat Show (September 27th to September 30th) Power & Marine Ltd may in its absolute discretion substitute the day with another appropriate day and time.
22. Photos of the prize trip will be required at the time of the trip. Getting to the Auckland On The Water Boat Show will be at the winner’s expense and suitable transportation should be sourced by the winner. The Prize trip will be received as per above with promotional pictures taken with the winner.
GENERAL TERMS AND PRIVACY:
24. Power & Marine Ltd reserves the right to cancel, discontinue, amend, vary, extend or suspend the Competition and the terms of the Competition, at any stage, for any reason – including, but not limited to, any matter that affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.
25. Power & Marine Ltd takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, communication errors, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect short code, Acts of God, or otherwise.
26. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any social media platform.
27. The Winner consents to Power & Marine Ltd and Power & Marine Ltd’s related companies, associates, and agents using the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without any reference or remuneration, for the purpose of Power & Marine Ltd’s publicity and promotional activities (including promotion of the Competition and any future promotion of Power & Marine Ltd’s and Power & Marine Ltd’s related companies’, associates’, and agents’ goods or services).
28. All entries and materials submitted to Power & Marine Ltd in connection with the Competition (in any form including, without limitation, in hard copy or electronic form) become and remain the property of Power & Marine Ltd. Power & Marine Ltd may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries and materials.
29. You agree to Power & Marine Ltd (and Power & Marine Ltd’s related companies, associates, and agents) collecting and holding your personal information for the purposes of the Competition, for future promotion and marketing purposes, and for communicating with you about their products and services.
30. The competition is governed by these terms and conditions and the laws of New Zealand.
33. If you do not wish to receive any future communications, or if you wish to withdraw from the Competition or otherwise review or update your details, please contact: Power & Marine Limited, 132 Pavilion Drive, Airport Oaks, Auckland or PO Box 53053, Auckland 2150.